Knitting

So, I know how to spin wool. I learned at my job last summer and the summer before at a historic house where we had to wear costumes and give tours. Instead of dealing with mean tourists or messing up the cash register, i could sit below a window and picturesquely spin wool all day.

I am on the far right, wearing the big brown skirt and the white shirt. We have funny looks on our faces because it was 35 degrees Celsius and we felt like neath may be near. 


Miss Spinning Wheel

As you most likely know, i am in textiles. This is my spinning wheel i have in my apartment. I spin alpaca on it, but i don't really make anything out of them because i am an inexperienced knitter, and have no idea how to crochet .

Alpaca Yarn

I recall last summer someone showing me this strange contraption that allows you to knit when you have no idea what the hell you are doing. Its a circle with these pegs, and it allows you to make hats. 

photo is from http://noneedleknitting.com/, a blog just starting out about knitting with this strange thing

has anyone tried this thing? i thought i might make one myself..... i mean.... all it is is some pegs on a circular thing. We'll see. Does anyone know any sites to help people learn to knit?

No comments:

Post a Comment